Aliesha - posted on 03/09/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




I have a baby boy that is due tomorrow and I am afraid of my ex Who is my baby my baby's dad, mentally and physically abused me, has an alcohol problem, got me pregnant on purpose, has a violent record and was incarcerated at the hospital up in New York. I want him out my life, how do I get him to sign off his prenatal rights or how do I get full child custody?

This conversation has been closed to further comments


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 03/09/2014




If he raped you, you should have reported it as rape. If it wasn't rape, then he did not get you pregnant on purpose - you chose not to use birth control. Michelle is right, you can't force him to give up his rights and he CAN fight you for custody or visitation, regardless of his history. I, too, would suggest you get a lawyer and get a custody order in place as soon as the baby is born.

Michelle - posted on 03/09/2014




You go to court. Get yourself a lawyer but if he doesn't want to give up his rights he doesn't have to.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms