Help! Advice needed!

Georgia - posted on 03/13/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




My daughter is 7 months old at the time of my birth I was with my child's father so id put him on the birth certificate. Since then we have separated but he hasn't supported my child and has not payed a penny towards her, and only has time too see her when he can be bothered. So I stopped the contact, lately he has said he will take me too court but I have searched on the internet for hours but can't find anything on what he should be doing if he is on the birth certificate. Has anyone got any advice for me or could help me in any way!?


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 03/13/2014




I really wish that people would quit posting the same questions over and's a waste of space. One or the other of these threads should be closed.

*The comment below is copied from your other identical post:

You should have support and custody/visitation orders in place. If you do not, now is the time to file them. He's the father, he does have the right to know his child. Technically, he should provide support (50%) for the child's needs, but support and custody/visitation will be addressed separately.

Consult with a family attorney to find out what steps you need to follow to file for custody/visitation & support orders.

Michelle - posted on 03/13/2014




You need to go to court and get custody and child support sorted out. They are separate issues so just because he hasn't paid you any money does NOT give you the right to stop contact. Your child isn't an item that is bought and traded.
It doesn't matter if he is on the birth certificate or not, he's her Father and has just as much right to see his child as you do. If you want him to pay child support then get it court ordered.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms