Help wanted...

Bianca - posted on 05/23/2011 ( 2 moms have responded )




I would just like to know if anyone can help me. I'm not in a crisis at the moment but I would just like to know for in case.
I am a 22 year old single mother of a beautiful baby girl of almost 18months. Her father has never seen her, never made contact even though my number is still the same. He was not there during pregnancy either. We spil up when I was 8 weeks pregnant. The reason we split was because he started abusing me and drinking a lot. Is there anyone who could tell me if he will be able to do anything if someday he decides to take up his responsibility. I do not want him within 100 km's of her. I am afraid that he might do something to her to get back at me.


View replies by

Christy - posted on 05/23/2011




Call your local police dept. They can give you the contact information for your local women's shelter. IF you ever needed to you could disappear for a month of so while filing against him for whatever happens. Carry such emergency contact information with you (concealed) at all times. Then enjoy life to it's fullest! Don't live everyday in fear, enjoy each moment of life. Considering how long it's been since you split up and he has not tried to contact you, I doubt he ever will. But, if it would give you some peace of mind, go ahead and change your phone number.

Michelle - posted on 05/23/2011




I would stay around family and friends all the time until you figure something out and feel safe. In the meantime you should call your county courthouse and speak with someone in the family division to see what your options are. I would also speak to someone in the woman crisis centers. I'm not sure what they are called lol but I would look into all resources. Most of the time restraining orders is not enough so, I would use all options that are available.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms