help with advice please :(

Jennifer - posted on 02/19/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




it hurts that my babys dad left me in November and now has a gf for Christmas he didn't buy my son anything but he gave his gf a teddy bear rose and a balloon Im mad jelous and have soo many emotions he doesn't care about me or has seen my son in a month.. im 18 and I don't know how to deal with my emotions im always sad


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 02/19/2014




Jennifer, you need to get paternity established, and he needs to pay support at the very least. Get into a family attorney and get this started. At the ages that you are, its very hard to have an actual lasting relationship, unless you spend a lot of time on it prior to having sex. Babies change things, and not always for the better.

Don't concentrate on what he's doing now, concentrate on raising the child to the best of your ability, and on being a good mom. Get him on for support, and if he wants visitation, don't argue, because he does have a right to know the child.

Right now, in his mind, he's with a 'hottie', you were once, but then you had a baby, he's not 'ready' to be a dad...but the deal is that he was ready to sleep with you, so he needs to be prepared to contribute his fair share of support.

Good luck

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms