Help with my dependency status when my little one will arrive?

Victoria - posted on 12/12/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )





I am 20 years old, a Junior in college, and 11 weeks pregnant! I know that for the FAFSA I will be considered an independent, because I have a dependent that is dependent on me. =) However I have no clue on what will happen regarding taxes, insurance etc. I am especially curious to see if I would apply for HUD and WIC. Help anyone?


Lacye - posted on 12/12/2012




That all depends on how much you make at your job. You can qualify for FAFSA up until $45,000 per year. Unless you have a really good job, I doubt you make that much so you will still be able to get it. Also, you can't claim your child until he/she gets here.

You need to go to your local health department and apply for WIC. With you being pregnant, you will not be turned down for that. You can get so much help now and after the baby is born. I'm not sure about HUD.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms