Hey need some advice!

Keely - posted on 01/20/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




Well I'm 17 years old with a 4 month old baby and I'm not with my baby father and he hasn't seen him since he was born and he just contacted me and wants to be there for my child. But the thing is that he denied my baby and doesn't want to support me yet because he doesn't have a job. I'm not sure if i should let him see him need advice please.


Jodi - posted on 01/20/2013




You need to consider the fact that your CHILD has a right to know both his parents. Child support and visitation are dealt with separately by the courts. As I have said to others, your child is not a commodity and should not be available for rent, and by holding him to ransom because his other parent isn't paying, that is exactly what you are doing. So you should let his dad see him, so they can begin a relationship of some sort.

Having said that, you need to file for custody and child support if you haven't done so already. I am assuming you have a parent or significant adult in your life who is supporting you in some way, talk to them about some help to get the paperwork sorted out.


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms