Hospital bill due to miscarriage

Marisa - posted on 10/02/2011 ( 2 moms have responded )




I was given temporary medical for first 3 months of my pregnancy at my docs office. At 8 weeks I checked in at E.R for spotting and cramping. I was told I miscarried. I received 500 dollar hospital bill for my visit. However, my temporary medical paperwork was taken away frome me when I returned to my docs office for miscarriage follow up. I didnt even get a change to apply for permanent medical to help me with my pregnancy expenses. I have no $ to pay for it. How do I go about it?


View replies by

Christy - posted on 10/03/2011




The ER has no idea (more than likely) you had this deal with your DR. Call them and explain. However, since you didn't go to your DR to get diagnosed for a M/C, you may still owe the $$$. Do like Neva said, call them and explain the situation and see what you can do. So sorry for your loss! HUGS!!!!!

Neva - posted on 10/02/2011




I would talk to the hospital and let them know of your situation. They may be able to work out a payment schedule for you. As long as you make even small payments monthly in good faith they won't send you to collections.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms