how can i change my daughters last name on her birth certificate????

Sadie - posted on 12/15/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )




my ex was violent and bullied me into putting his last name on my daughters b/c then i got a injuntion out against him he dont want nothing 2 do with my daughter and to be honest hes not a good person i want my daughter being around wen him and all his mates are involved with all sorts of bad things. im happy with my new b/f and expecting my second child.


View replies by

Cat - posted on 12/16/2010




I don't know how it works in the US, but here in the UK, you can get her name changed by deed poll. If the father's full name is on her birth certificate, you might need to get his permission first though. If not then it should be clear sailing for you. I would check it out with a lawyer to be sure though.

Laura - posted on 12/15/2010




You will need to consult with a lawyer since that is a legal question. In theory you should be able to change her name to yours, I just don't know how you would go about it. Good luck!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms