How can I obtain legal custody of my son who lives with me full time when divorce order states 50/50custody? I get no help and wish to file for assistance can not afford attorney is there a way to file?


Michelle - posted on 08/15/2012




Why is the 50/50 custody not being adhered to? I know here in Australia the child support is worked on the amount of time the children are with each parent. I do 50/50 shared care so the child support amount is worked out by how much we earn and how much we would be paying the other parent. The person who earns more should pay the other but we don't worry about it.

If your ex isn't paying anything or having your son 50% of the time then you really need to go to court to get it sorted out. Are you able to get legal aid?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms