how do i get my son zacharys fathers rights revoked as well as change my sons last name and file abandonment charges on his father?

Jordan - posted on 05/01/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




my sons father showed up 5 days before our son was born, i was the only one taken care of our son and supporting him after he was born cause his dad didnt want to get a job, his dad then left when my son was 3months old he is now fixing to be 2yrs in nov. he hasnt been paying child support n refuses to help me out and im sick of it. i live in buffalo ny n i wanna know where i can go to get his rights revoked and get him for abandonment as well so someone else can adopt him when the timing is right. also how can i go about getting my sons name changed so my son only has my last name and not his sperm donors? please help me out here i dont want my son getting hurt more then he already has and his dad will never step up he only cares about himself. thanks for any advice in advance


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 05/01/2014




Is he under orders for visitation and support? If not, you cannot file abandonment, nor can you file for revocation of rights.

Ask a family attorney what your options are.

STOP referring to the guy as a sperm donor. You made a choice to have sex with him, and the child is the result. Had you used a donor, you wouldn't have had a sexual encounter, you'd have been inseminated in a doctor's office. What you have is an uncooperative, non custodial parent.

All of your questions require legal advice. You cannot do anything without consulting an attorney, or filing a petition through the courts, which he will be given time to respond to. If his response is that he does NOT want the child's name changed, or to sign away his rights, then you'll both have to appear before a judge for a decision.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms