How do you strip a bio father of his rights because he has never been there? Lawyer advice? Steps to take? In GA. Thanks


View replies by

Firebird - posted on 05/29/2012




You need to talk to a lawyer. You might be able to terminate his rights after a certain period of time, but that depends on where you live.

[deleted account]

Unless he agrees to terminate his rights I don't think you can force him. I had a friend in middle school whose father left when she and her sister were toddlers and never really saw or heard from him again. Finally in middle school they had contacted him to ask him to terminate his rights. He agreed, but without their cooperation I honestly don't think you can "strip him of his rights"

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms