How to get a passport for you child without both parents signing?

Emilie - posted on 10/07/2011 ( 1 mom has responded )




My husband is in Morocco waiting on his visa, sctually he was denied and he wants me to come over there to stay with him while he reapplies. My ex husband and I have 2 kids and he is actually kind of negectful and he always complains when he has to have the kids extra time, but now he wants to keep both of the kids while I go to Morocco and he is refussing to sign for a passport. I think he is being totally unfair and unreasonable. Me and him got divorced when my daughter was 3 months old and my son was 4, and they have been with me ever since then. I have never been away from them for longer than 2 weeks. I already feel like I am loosing my husband because we are so far apart and I don't want to loose my kids too, Cause I know he won't give them back if he has them for a while.


Sherri - posted on 10/07/2011




The only way is to take it to court. Possibly a judge may allow it but there is no guarantee. Other than that both parents MUST sign for the passport. Sorry.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms