How to make my baby's father react like a grown man

Alejandra - posted on 12/25/2014 ( 3 moms have responded )




Well I'm 17 years I'm close to 6 months pregnant and since my babydad found out I was pregnant he was excited and everything right so one day my mom found out and she wanted to call the police on him we same age. And I told him and he got mad and denied his kid at that moment then we started arguing the first 2 months now we came back and he still has the doubt that this his kid while he knows that he was the only man that Ive been with now we talk but it's not the same like before he talks to me once a week not everyday how it use to be like I'm working my family is supporting me but he's not there when ever I needed he doesn't work he just stays at home playing video games like his mom had said that he needs to be there but he's never there he only says that he'll be there until the baby's born like I really love him he's my first love but I don't know what to do now he keeps doubting that this is his kid :'(


View replies by

Mommabird - posted on 12/25/2014




My advice may be far-fetched but try to get along as best you can while you are pregnant. Dont rush him to grow up, hes probably scared..arent you? If the two of you are at least getting along its possible he will be there when the baby is born. To alot of guys all it takes is seeing that precious baby being born and seeing what you go through to bring life into the world to get the big picture. I honestly think thats when alot of young fathers get a wake up call. Who wouldnt? That is the most amazing thing to experience, even for young parents. All Im saying is its possible. If it doesnt happen for him, and he still wants nothing to do with the child....its his loss, not yours. Sadly it does take 2 to create a child but trust me...if one doesnt want to be a parent it IS possible to do it on your own! Be the best mom you can, thats all you can do.
Regarding paternity, If after the baby is born he still has doubts...absolutely have a paternity test done. If you file for child support they will require a test anyways, at least I know they do in my state.

Jodi - posted on 12/25/2014




The fact is, he isn't a grown man, he is still a child (you both are). You can't make him suddenly grow up. As Dove said, look after yourself, get a paternity test when the baby is born and then make sure you have all the legalities in place. But don't hold your breath expecting him to change for you.

Dove - posted on 12/25/2014




You can't really do anything to make him act like a grown man. Really all you can do is focus on taking care of yourself and your child. Get a paternity test done when the baby is born and get a court order for custody, visitation, and child support... and then it's up to him what he does w/ that.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms