Husband abandons me and took the children

Gwen - posted on 08/12/2012 ( 2 moms have responded )




My husband hired a moving company to come here today and take his and our two childrens things and move to an unknown location. I had no idea he was planning this. I have twenty dollars to my name. He won't tell me anything except that I can come see them tomorrow while he is at work. Im afraid of what hes gonna do. He even enrolled them in another school in another city. Please help me


View replies by

Louise - posted on 08/13/2012




You need to seek legal advice in your country and fast. I am sure something can be done to help you. Not knowing where you are from it is difficult to advise, but you need to speak to someone today to sort our your finances and then deal with getting access to your children.

[deleted account]

I'm so sorry you're going through this, how awful! where do you live? in Australia, if he relocates the children without your consent you can apply for a recovery order, regardless of any other court orders, as it is assumed that both parents share equally in long term decisions regarding the children (including where they live, who they spend time with, religion, school, health care, culture etc). Seeing as you have those rights, he can not simply refuse to provide an address. Do you have any family or friends you can stay with? I would be taking the kids when he's at work, and then tell him if he wants to see them he will need to make a custody agreement with you first. Get yourself some legal advice as soon as you can, you have rights and so do the kids!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms