I am a single mom with a 4 year old whos father is not in her life, Is there any way I can get more assistance other than FDS/MED?

Brittani - posted on 01/08/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




Her father is said to be either in jail or on the run, He has no ties to her nor does she know him. Is there any way besides assistance (already on fd stmps/med) that can help me pay for the things she needs? She is also starting school next year and I have no idea how I am going to make things work. My boyfriend helps out as much as he can and she looks at him as her father, but I feel horrible that he does so much to help me when he can. I work and am trying to finish school, any ideas?! PLEASE! I have been told to try SSI considering her father was on it when he was growing up. I read it and it states if the other parent is disabled/dead but the only thing I have found out from his family so far is he has been sent to 5 asylums so far as well as prison. I am hearing from people all over whom I have never met as well as old friends that he is also on the run as of right now. (personally dont know what i was thinking when i was younger) I dont know if any of that information helps. I just need more help now that she is getting older and is about to start school....


Dove - posted on 01/08/2013




I'm not sure how you are having a problem if you have a job, a working boyfriend, food stamps, medical, and only one child to support.... Are you getting any assistance with schooling or child care? If not... look into if you qualify for that (ask where you get your food stamps from).

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms