I don't know how to handle this situation!!!

Ashleigh - posted on 07/30/2012 ( 3 moms have responded )




Hi I'm Ashleigh and i am 23 yrs old, I have a beautiful 2 yr old daughter, her name is Alexandria. Her father and I split up when she was 3 mths old. He has had no contact with her because of a court issued restraining order. I have recieved $0 of Child Support. Alexandria does not know him and he does not know her. He has recently starting to call and he says that he wants to see her and he wants to pick her up and do things with her. I totally am against that and I do not want him around her. What would be the best thing to do? I can't afford to go to court. I just need a little advice.


View replies by

Chaya - posted on 07/30/2012




It doesn't cost anything to get legal custody. It is important that you do that because without it, he can take her out of state and you have nothing to say about it. My ex did that, however he went back to his mommy, so I knew where to find him. You could offer him supervised visitation if you have that option in your community. There are social workers who are in a specific office, the parent has to make an appointment to see their child at a specific time and place. On the other hand, it would be your responsibility to get her there too.

Sarah - posted on 07/30/2012




If there is a restraining order against him, he's breaking it by contacting you. I would report it to the court. I would assume there was some sort of history of abuse if the court ordered no contact with her. BTW - You'd actually be in contempt of the court order if you did allow him to see her. Tell him no.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms