I don't want my daughter dad to see her should I let him

Alexa - posted on 03/15/2015 ( 2 moms have responded )




My daughter is 4 years going for 5 and her dad was hardly there when I was pregnant n beside he was very abusive to me once my daughter was born yeah we would go visit her in the hospital for being born premature but he was still abusive there n when she was 4 months old he left us just for a fight we had n never came back he knew where I live all along n never came to check up on her n now that she is 4 years he wants to be in her life how could I get custody or how could I not make him be in my daughter life she already has a dad n its my husband


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 03/16/2015




You're correct. She DOES have a father. Her biological father. Your husband is her step father, and it's great that he wants to be involved, but you have no right to deny the man who provided 1/2 of her genetics.

Doesn't matter that you no longer like him, doesn't matter that the two of you don't get along. At one point, you got along enough to have sex, and create a child. That child is of both of you. What gives you sole possession rights? Answer: Nothing.

As Evelyn says, if you have a concern, document it. Present it in court, and get the situation rectified. Yes, he'll probably get some visitation of sorts, unless you can actually offer solid proof that he's a danger to the child.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms