i have beeen a stay at home mom, my boys are 3 and 4, my husband just left me and took all the money, Ive tried my local health and human services and they were no help, does anyone know of a way I can atleast get money to provide gas for my vehicle so I can look for a job? I am so frustrated right now I am stuck and don't know what to do


Jodi - posted on 12/04/2012




I'm not sure where you live, but in many places, there are charities that can help with this sort of thing.


View replies by

Ashley - posted on 12/05/2012




go to your local welfare office. you should be able to get on some sort of cash assistance temporarily until you can find a job. also, they can help you to find a job and give you gas vouchers when you do go job hunting or going back and forth to work or school until u get back on your feet.

Stephany - posted on 12/05/2012




Thanks to Jodi and to Nicole I have pawned just about everything I own just to pay my bills, this has been going on since July and I don't want to have to go to a shelter with my kids but I may have to, I live in Overton Texas and I will be checking out if there are any charities.

Nicole - posted on 12/04/2012




Wow! Maybe you should ask for help from family and friend..i've been in a place where I had to pawn some things(i.e computer,tv,radio) it was hard and embarassing at first but u have to do what u have to do..besides that stuff was material and u can easily get it back..just make sure u keep a roof over u and the kiddos head and food on the table..blessings to u and yours

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms