i have been happily remarried for 8 years now and my husband took on the task of raising my 2 children, 1 girl and 1 boy. he has done a great job with them and has treated them like his own. they were very young at the time and are now preteen years. my daughter knows of her father and was 5 when he lost contact with her. my son was a baby and knows of his father but considers my husband his dad. my husband has raised them and gave them a beautiful life. i would have never imagined. they love him to death and he has been such a positive roll model in there life. there real father lives in florida and has not paid any child support in the last 6 years nor has he even tried to contact them. my husbands job took us to louisiana, which he has known that and still has not tried to contact or pay. my husband wants to adopt them and change there last name. does anyone know how we can do this. do we follow the laws in louisiana since we have been here for 2 years? our case was in florida, but that was 8 years ago. please, some advise.


~♥Little Miss - posted on 05/13/2013




Just ask a family lawyer. They will know the process of your state better than anyone in here. Good luck!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms