I just want to get some knowledge of knowing whete to start with now court ordered custody of our grandson , his father wants us as well to make sure he gets what he provides for him so we are new to this and would appreciaye


View replies by

Raye - posted on 04/06/2015




If the court awarded you custody of your grandson, then it's the same as you being the parents. You raise him as you would your own child. If the natural father wants to contribute, then you should make sure that whatever he provides you use for the boy's food, clothes, school, shelter, even your utility bills if you need to (because your expenses will be higher by taking care of someone else). If the father gives toys, etc. then give those to the boy, unless you feel they are inappropriate for his age, then recommend what else the father could get instead.

What other questions do you have?

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 04/06/2015




If the custody is court ordered, then, yes you need to abide by court orders.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms