I live in Oregon and I have a pending investigation for child support on a man who is not on my daughters birth certificate and my husband is wanting to be added to her birth certificate, can i do that without getting into trouble?


View replies by

Amy - posted on 08/22/2012




I would assume your now husband would have to accept paternity in order to add him and if you did that then you probably won't be able to collect child support from your daughters bio father. I would definitely seek legal advice before you add him to the birth certificate since you would be lying about him being the actual father.

Chaya - posted on 08/22/2012




Ask your state representative, I spent my daughters first five years in Oregon, but my husband, her dad, is on the birth certificate

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms