I'm facing contempt charges because my 13 yr old son refuses to talk or see his dad


Jodi - posted on 08/24/2013




Unfortunately, by not enforcing your custody orders, and allowing your son to not go to his dad's you have violated the visitation orders. What you should have done is gone back to court to have the custody orders changed (most judges will listen to a 13 year old) rather than just violating the ones you have. If I were you, I would get a lawyer onto this one - you may be able to fight the contempt orders, but I am not sure what is involved with that.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms