I need help

Terese - posted on 12/02/2015 ( 2 moms have responded )




My daughter's father and I have a court order and he hasn't been following it. She's supposed to go to see him in Florida for Xmas and we live in cali but he's threatening to keep her from her grandma whose court ordered to be with her to facilitate the visit. And he won't agree on a date for her to come with me at all. I'm doing an emergency court date but now he's harassing me and telling me he's going to take me to court and get full custody. She's only a year and half old and he's only seen her twice in person. She doesn't even know who he is. I am panicking. I've never been so scared and I'm a single working mom providing for her and my son. He doesn't care at all about what's best for her. Can he even get fill custody? She's only court ordered to go there twice a year for two weeks a time because I agreed to it before. Please I need help.


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 12/02/2015




If the court orders say she goes to dad's for Xmas, then she goes to dad's for Xmas. You can't prevent it based on threats unless you take it to court again before then. If you don't change it, then you could be in contempt if you don't follow the court orders and you could potentially lose custody. If he doesn't follow them, then HE is breaking the law and you can file contempt against him, and he will possibly lose what he has.

Can he file and take you to court for full custody? Absolutely. Will he get it? Probably not, but only a lawyer could really give you advice based on your individual circumstances.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms