I need help. Overnight visits in another state for a 2 year old baby girl :(

[deleted account] ( 1 mom has responded )

I need help. I live in California and my husband resides in Utah. The courts recently awarded overnight visits to my husband in the state of Utah for weeks on end. My daughter is only 2 years of age and hasn't left home in a year, until last week she had to go to Utah for a week. She came home yesterday and since then has been very clingy, angry, sad and scared... Is there any help for her? I need these overnight visits to either be limited or stopped until she's a certain age but my husband just keeps saying I am denying him his visits... I have 2 lawyers and neither of them have a clue as to what to do to not anger the judge with suggesting the baby stays home and only sees her Father a few hours here and there... I really need help! my baby is hurting :(


Holly - posted on 11/27/2012




why does your husband live so far away? You should NOT be denying your husband visits to his child. this is illegal, and honestly as a mother it is your job to help the child adjust. perhaps she misses her father and that is why she is so clingy, perhaps she needs more time with him, until she can become more adjusted

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms