I need help with financial advice

Dawn - posted on 03/14/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I'm a single mom who lives in the Chicago area. Rents out here are expensive to say the least. Rent is usually one whole paycheck and sometimes more. I only get $100 a month in child support. I am unemployed but once I go back to work, I will need daycare for my daughter. I will probably make more money than allowed to receive financial assistance for daycare. Any advice on how to get her into an affordable, safe daycare that won't eat the other paycheck so that I can provide for her???? Any advice would be grateful!!!


Dove - posted on 03/14/2013




There should be HUD (Section 8) or something of the sort for rental assistance. Depending on funding in your area they may or may not be accepting applications and you may or may not get a good spot on a waiting list.... It's worth checking out though. They typically have a fairly high income limit... they just won't subsidize as much if your income is higher.

For the daycare situation.... If you have any friends that do in home daycare or are stay at home moms looking for a few extra bucks.... That is where I would check first.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms