i need some help here

Rebecca - posted on 02/07/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




im asking for some advice about an teenager boy thats 17 yrs old and his father in and out of his life and my boyfriend has been there for 4 yrs now and my son knowns that my boyfriend is more then his own father .and me and my son has bipolar and have anger problems to each other and he dont want to listen and he does what he wants i need help and my boyfriend trys to talk to him and sometimes it works and it dont .i go to see a coulser and i have my bf go with me so they know how i am doing at home and i have bad mood swings and i cant control my son does anyone know how i can be a better parent here


[deleted account]

Wether your son is bipolar or not.. You are going to have to tell him your guidelines and that is all it is to it. I know of people who have bipolar too and that is something that isn't so great. As for him having anger issues and such.. If his father is in and out of his life.. then that would make him upset and angry.. Maybe you need to set a guideline for that father of his too. Tell him that he cannot keep on coming in and out of your sons life because it isn't right for your son to be treated like that. It is good that your boyfriend is there for you and your son. At least he does know that there is a father figure there to help him. As for you having bad mood swings.. well I can understand why. The best thing for you in my opinion is to look at the good things, and make a goal or guideline that would help you and your family and go for it.. No obstructions are allowed to get in the way. And if you do this, you will be happier.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms