I want sole custody of my unborn son in Mi and need help and advice

Andrea - posted on 07/29/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




I live in michigan state and am going to have my third child in nov. I want to file for sole custody now if possible. My son's father is a pot smoker and smokes pot constantly. He smokes it around his 5 yr old twins and his 17 yr old son is now a frequent pot smoker and they smoke it together. He is very verbally abusive but I think that would be hard to prove. My children hate him. I'm confused and scared and he is constantly telling me he is going to serve me with papers. What should I do?


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 07/29/2013




Get a lawyer.

Your telling a judge that you want sole custody based on the hearsay that his father is using marijuana will get you absolutely no where. You need to have solid, incontrovertible proof of the possibility that your ex could be a danger to your child.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms