I want to know how to take my sons fathers name off his birth cert. because he is not his father and do not know if I can do that. I have had a dna do and he is not the father, how do I do it?


View replies by

Chrystal - posted on 01/15/2012




The specifics might be a bit different for your state but the basics are to petition the family courts to have the fathers name removed they will almost always agree with DNA proof, once you've gotten a court order take it to the state records office and they will change and issue a new birth certificate. Hope that helps

Stephanie - posted on 01/15/2012




I would start by talking to whatever office you would go to to get a copy of the birth certificate. They should be able to direct you to the correct place if they are not the correct place already.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms