I was never married and want full custody of my child. will I get it?

Jossie - posted on 01/26/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




First off I found out I was pregnant and had to move out because he lived with his mother and the had cats and dogs that peed and pooped inside the house. Any way I moved and he only went to three of my appointments through my entire pregnancy. And then wanted nothing to do with me when I was only four months pregnant. Since I've had him he has seen my child once. He threatened me many times that he was going to take my child and move out of state. I have tried many times to work out a visitation agreement. Now I just want full custody of my child and not have to worry about him ever getting joint custody. What are my options here? Will I get full custody of my child? Is there anyway I can just be done dealing with him? I don't want him in my child's life and I don't want child support.


Jodi - posted on 01/26/2014




Well, nobody can really say what a judge will decide, and you should seek legal advice. Many award joint custody these days. However, you don't get to have a say whether you want this man in your child's life or not. He WILL be likely to get some form of visitation. It doesn't matter whether you like him or not, he is still your child's father and your child has a right to a relationship with him, and your role as a mother is to encourage that relationship, regardless of how you feel about him. Believe me, if he wants visitation, he will get it.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms