IEP for absent seizures

Jan - posted on 04/17/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




Does anyone have any suggestions for an IEP for absent seizures. I am filling out the initial parent paperwork for a 504 and do not know what to ask the school to help with, except report what teachers are seeing in our daughter during the day, so meds can be adjusted. She has had absent seizures for several years and her short term memory seems to be suffering more this last 2 years. She is now 14 years old and in a small school.


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 04/17/2014




The school resource officer should be able to tell you the wording that will get you the best results, Jan.

I'd think something along the lines of "Observe and report the following: " and then list what they need to watch for.

Good luck!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms