If the NCP keeps a full wardrobe at his house for his child, pays CS, is he ob;igated to pay for the wardrobe at the CP home?

Tonya - posted on 04/05/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




my husband pays for a full wardrobe here at his home for his child.
In the last nine months he has provided hundreds of dollars of clothes, shoes and outerwear ( he says that this expense should be his, and so will continue to do so)
Recently the ex decided to tell him that she was no longer sharing clothes, even though half of his daughter's clothes were purchased by him,(and she only shared their dtrs clothes with her a couple times) and she went out and bought a spring/summer wardrobe she says he is responsible for paying for. Should he pay for a wardrobe he may never get to see when he already has one for his dtr here?

He does pay for karate lessons and keeps a full wardrobe, plus toys, plus vitamins here at home for her.

Any answer is welcome,. thank you.


View replies by

Ev - posted on 04/05/2014




I have to agree with Jodi here. If its not stated in the court orders that certain things other than child support have to be provided by the NCP then the child support is used for that. He needs to tell his ex that this is what it is and he is not going to provide those clothes because he already pays the child support to her for that reason. He should only pay what is laid out in that order. If she wants him to provide for more than that she needs to take him back to court.

Jodi - posted on 04/05/2014




I guess it depends what is in the court order, but generally, that's what child support is for. Just send her home in what she comes in. Problem solved.

He should be still paying for the items in his home for her.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms