If you change a child's last name, do you need consent to move?

Kimberly - posted on 09/13/2016 ( 1 mom has responded )




My boyfriends ex wants to change their 2 yo sons last name from his name to her surname. He said no, but she still wants to go to court. If she does this and succeeds will my boyfriend lose power. For example: If she wanted to move out of the province of Saskatchewan to Alberta would she still have to ask for consent? Or is she able to do whatever she wants without consenting him? Or even move out of the country?


1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms