Is it better to just put up with it?

Kathy - posted on 04/06/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




What do you do if you're tired of going thru ridiculous nonsense? Stop it. But what do you do if you have a child involved and you're not married to the person? I have a 1.5 yr old and I am tired of his fathers crap. He is insecure and finds any little reason to cause a fight, and last night was the straw that broke the camels back. We had just left from a carnival and BOOM! Before we even left the parking lot, it was on. I'm just so tired if being accused of having other relations with people and being treated this way, any legal advise in what my son and I can do? (in Texas)


Ev - posted on 04/06/2014




Were you guys going through this arguing before you had your child? If so why did you have a kid with him? You did chose this man to sleep with and have a child with him. You knew what this man was like before the child came and after. If you are so tired of it move out or make him move out. File for child support, visitation, and custody. Once you do that, however; you have to abide the courts orders. If you have to have one, ask for a third party to be there when dropping off/picking up child from visits etc. Also note that if the one of you that is to pay child support; note that if the child support is not paid that does not mean that visitation is to be held back from the other parent as the child support and visitation are two separate issues in this. YOU will deal with this man for the next 18 years of this child's life or longer. YOU will have to communicate with him at least on the issues dealing with the child. And I would suggest not having any more kids with this guy if he is so terrible.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms