Is it ok if I try to make peace with my babies dady who abandoned us?

Busisiwe - posted on 04/07/2015 ( 4 moms have responded )




I was in a relationship with a certain guy who made me believe that I was the one, when I got pregnant he convinced me to abort the pregnancy but I didn't want to.When my baby was 3months he told me that he wants DNA tests because the baby is not his but when I asked him to go for DNA test he would ignore me.My baby is now 2yrs old and I sent him a message saying that I just want him to have a relationship with his daughter because she needs him and he sent a message saying"I will call u and please give me some time".What does that mean?


Ev - posted on 04/07/2015




I am going to add that you should also consider getting custody, visitation and child support set up. In this way, the courts do order a DNA test if the father is not listed on the birth certificate or the father thinks he is not the bio dad of the child. This would end all this in one time and if this man is not the father of the child, then you may need to rethink things. As Raye said, you can not force the issue on someone who is not ready for it or who does not want it. But do go through the courts to establish paternity and get the child support if he is the father.

Raye - posted on 04/07/2015




You can't force someone to be in the child's life if they don't want to be. You can leave an opening to allow them to come and try to participate. It is best if the child can get to know both parents. But don't demand or push for something if the father is not ready. You just focus on your child and try to give them the best life you can.


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms