is to late to put the father on my daughters birth cetificate she is one month old?

Shylell - posted on 01/14/2012 ( 3 moms have responded )




iv got a one month old baby girl her father and i split up when i was 8 months pregnant than just a few weeks later he started seeing another pregnant girl. he asked me not to put his name on our daughters birth cetificate so i didnt but now i really want to put it on is it t late for me to go in and change it


View replies by

Shylell - posted on 01/14/2012




im in the prosess of getting a DNA test done he already agreed to that but i no for a fact his the father his the only one iv been with in over a year and a halve his just really messed

Tara - posted on 01/14/2012




It is going to depend entirely on where you live. Most places will allow you to "amend/change" the information on the birth certificate but some will require both parents to approve the change, there may be costs involved to do it, etc.

Honestly, it sounds as though he didn't want his name on the birth certificate so you would be unable to go after him for child support if he was not registered as the father.

I would check with your local government registry and find out what steps you need to take to make the change to add him, then I would see what you need to do to go after him for child support.

Michelle - posted on 01/14/2012




unfortunately the reason he didn't want to be put on the birth certificate is then it makes it harder for you to prove he is the dad to get child support. I think now that everything is filed he would have to agree to being put on there.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms