Legal advice about parenting rights

Lana - posted on 08/16/2016 ( 3 moms have responded )




I'm a US citizen and I'm pregnant, I moved to Mexico. Me and the father aren't together and he lives in texas, he wants to take full custody of our child instead of trying to work out arrangements with me. And I don't want to deny him visiting his child we both made this baby not just me. But he's being unreasonable, I was wondering what rights if any does he have over our child if I have her in Mexico and we live in Mexico? Now he can definitely visit and after she done breast feeding I'll register her to be able to travel from Mexico to texas to visit.


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 08/17/2016




Ask a lawyer. We don't the laws between the countries to be able to give you proper advice.

Dove - posted on 08/16/2016




You would probably need to speak to a lawyer in Mexico AND a lawyer in Texas to figure this out. Since you are still a US citizen I would 'assume' that you would both have the same rights as if the child were born here, but I am not a lawyer anywhere.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms