Life after abuse

Melissa - posted on 03/11/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I left my daughters dad 6 months ago who abused me for 3 years. I am now ready to cut him off completely. I would like some advice. Should I file for full custody of my daughter? Also, If I get counseling and tell them about my abuse can they call CPS for me staying with him while he physically abused me? My daughter is 2 and he started abusing me 2 weeks after I had her. I have very few friends because while I was with him i wasn't "allowed" and my family doesn't know anything I am just not ready to talk about it with them so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks


~♥Little Miss - posted on 03/11/2013




I would definitely talk with the police about a restraining order, and report as much abuse as you can remember. This will go on file, and make your case much stronger. Get a lawyer, and discuss your options. I would personally be petitioning for full custody. Has he ever hit your daughter? Also, talk with your family about what is going on. Let them know. They will help you!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms