Moving out of state with my daughter and my boyfriend

Jasmine - posted on 11/13/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




I have been dating my current boyfriend for 2 1/2 years now, he is not the father of my daughter who is four years old. He is originally from Cincinnati so I visit there with him a few times and think it it more peaceful than where I stay now which is Chicago. So we have talking about moving there for a year. there are more job opportunities for me and also the cost of living is cheaper. it is about a four hour drive from Chicago. The only thing is im worried how a move like that will affect my daughter.


Michelle - posted on 11/13/2015




Does your daughter see her Father?
If you have court ordered visitation then you will need to go to court and apply to leave the state. The Father can petition against it though and he has every right to do so.
I know you haven't said anything about the Father but it needs to asked. He can prevent you from going.

In regards to how the move will affect her, it probably won't. Children are a lot more adaptable to change than adults.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms