my 3 year olds father moved out of state and refuses to use his visitation and refuses to give up his rights

Shannon - posted on 05/10/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




Ok. My ex husband up and left the state months ago. My three year old daughter does not even know who he is. He will not sign his rights over but has no intentions of using his visitation until she is older. I say it would be bests if he would just sign his rights over so she is not confused later and so my current fiance can adopt her as his own, since he does take care of her as his own. But he refuses. Is there anyway I can have his rights revoked? I heard that in some states you can put an ad in the newspaper and he would have 30 days to respond to it to keep his rights. I just do not know how true that is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,


Angela - posted on 05/10/2012




I would get some legal advice as this is very tricky and if something has to get done, it can only get done legally. No harm in getting the right advice....good luck

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms