My 4 year old boy was kiddnapped by his dather from his babysotters house and its been months since ive seen him.

Sheena - posted on 08/23/2013 ( 4 moms have responded )




My son only spent 9 months getting to know his father. He's practically a stranger and he has a criminal history and lie and cheats I got to get my son back o need motivation and advice from real moms who know what I'm going through its killing me inside knowing his father is trying to take away my pride and joy. Oh and also he somehow got custody over my primary custody with his joint and I'm afraid I'll never see my son again.


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 08/23/2013




So, what you're saying is that the custody orders were changed, and you're unhappy about it?

If he's got primary custody, he did not kidnap his son, he took custody of him. If the orders were changed without your knowledge, I'd think you'd have some legal recourse, but if you were present for the change, then./..?

I have a feeling there's a lot more to this story. Generally one parent with joint custody cannot have custody orders changed, there has to be a court date, and discussion between parties. If notifications were sent to you that you did not respond to, then he could have had you removed as being non responsive, but that would be about it. And, if you were non responsive to court summons, and the custody was changed, you have to get an attorney and prove to the courts that you deserve it back.

If this is not what happened, and you have a valid custody order in place that doesn't indicate that primary custody is his, then he can be prosecuted.


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 08/23/2013




Even with joint custody it's not kidnapping.
Did you have in writing the day he had his son? If not then it's not kidnapping.
How old is he?

Dove - posted on 08/23/2013




Agreed. If he has custody... it's not kidnapping. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but what needs to be addressed is why he got custody and what, if anything, you can do to change your situation in order to get joint custody back. You must have a visitation order if he was granted custody... correct? If he violates your visitation order, you call the police with the order in hand and they can help you get your son for your visitation.

Jodi - posted on 08/23/2013




I agree with Shawnn. If he has primary custody, then this isn't kidnapping. How did the orders get changed?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms