My daughters father has taken her and refusing to bring her back, i dont know what to do. please help!

Arlene - posted on 12/12/2012 ( 2 moms have responded )




My boyfriend and I got into an arguement and when I came home he had packed up our daughters stuff and his and they were gone. When I called him he said he was taking her away and not going to give her back. I contacted the police and they say they cant help me. I don't know what to do from here. I made an appointment with a lawyer but it isn't for another month or so. I miss my daughter so much she is just 16months old and that is to long to wait. I haven't ever been away this long from her. Is there anything i can do to get her back asap.


Jodi - posted on 12/12/2012




As far as I am aware, the police can't do anything because she is his daughter too. Being the mother doesn't give you more rights than the father. Would it be kidnapping if you took your child? No. So it isn't kidnapping because the father did.

You need to see if you can see a lawyer sooner, and see if you can get in for an emergency custody hearing and have him served. Only when a court orders the child back into your custody can the police get involved.


View replies by

~♥Little Miss - posted on 12/12/2012




Call another lawyer to see if you can get in sooner. Also, maybe call the police again? I don't understand how they cannot do anything. I am not sure if that is technically kidnapping, but man that is terrible. Have you called his family and let them know what he has done? Maybe they know where he is.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms