My ex-boyfriend is on the birth certificate but I'm not sure if really is the father..And last I had to call the police because my ex-boyfriend was trying to kidnap him.I'm really not sure how I go about getting soul custody and protect my child from him?


April - posted on 09/30/2012




Well you put him on the birth certificate so that gives him rights to the child. I am not sure where you are from but in Texas whoever has the child has custody until the court date, so do not let him have him until you go to court. The first thing you need to do is hire a lawyer and he will set you up a court day to get temperary custody until the court hearing. This will probably give him visitation rights but will not allow him to be taken out of the county. You will have to prove that he is a danger to your child or that he is not the father by dna test or will will not be able to get sole custody. Hope this helps

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms