My ex boyfriend wants to take me to court to gain custody

Tanyamurillo - posted on 09/16/2018 ( 2 moms have responded )




My ex boyfriend wants to take me to court to get custody over my 4 month old baby. He is not on her birth certificate because he was not there’s for her birth. He left me more than once when I was pregnant and each time that he came back I always gave him a chance for her sake. He left me for good when I was 6 months pregnant, he stood me up at a doctors appointment and from there he decided he didn’t want to be a part of our lives. He tried to come back when I was about 8 months but I didn’t let him . Finally I decided to let him come back a month after she was born. Mind you he left me because he wanted to go party, drink, smoke hookah.. oh and hook up with his ex girlfriend. Ever since he came back he hasn’t paid for anything that has to do with her. He doesn’t know how to interact with her, he doesn’t know how to get her to stop crying, he gets really uncomfortable when she does cry while he’s carrying, he BARELY knows how to carry her and handle her, he doesn’t know how to change a diaper, nor make her formula. He has an unstable life, lives in a room at his sisters house, he drinks and parties smokes hookah every chance he gets. I had to get insurance from the state that’ll only last for a year because he couldn’t do it since every job he gets is unstable. If it were up to me I’d like for him to not have any contact with her, the most would be for him to come see her at my house and that’s it. My question is does he have a chance? Also I have proof of him threatening me every chance he gets with court if I do something that makes him unhappy, he told me I wasn’t shit, I have videos of him partying, being irresponsible, I have proof that I’ve paid for everything. Also I am unemployed, I’ve been a stay home mom and have been receiving help from my parents, can that affect anything? Will that give him a chance to gain custody?


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 09/16/2018




You need to get yourself a lawyer.
No one here knows what a judge will decide but you do need to go to court to have custody, visitation and child support sorted out legally.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms