My exhusband has taken custody of my daughter from me!

Patricia - posted on 03/28/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




Three weeks ago I went to school to pick up my daughter after I was unable to contact her over the phone while staying at her father's home. He was refusing to allow me to talk to her. He insistently does things like that to irritate me. He was very abusive when I was married to him and had a drug and alcohol problem. Since, I left the relationship he constantly uses our daughter to hurt me since he has no means of physical contact with me. After arriving at the school, I learned he had not sent her that day. So, I contacted him only to receive threats that he was not going to allow me to ever see her again. The next day I returned to school to find he had left papers with the principal saying he had emergency custody of my daughter. I was not allowed to see or talk to my daughter. Since then, I have been frantic! Without $1500 to retain a lawyer, I have no rights to my daughter. He refuses to let me talk to my daughter and after contacting his family members their only response is that they cannot help me. I am outraged at the fact a judge handed my daughter over to this man when he has had so many arrests for domestic violence and two DUI's on his record. I am not familiar with the judicial system, but I would think a person's record is checked before this kind of decision is made. I have tried reaching legal aid but have yet to get through to them. I feel helpless and blocked by every path I try to take. I would appreciate any suggestions I can get in finding help for me n my daughter.


Patricia - posted on 03/28/2012




Go down to the legal aid office...or see if there is a family court lawyer that might help and allow you to pay out over time. Good luck

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms