My Fiance is going through Legitimization for his son in GA.

Tracey - posted on 06/22/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




My fiance is going through a legitimization battle with his 7 year old son's mother who has all of a sudden up and left to move to California to be with her husband. They are currently in Port Hueneme, CA on a naval base and my fiance has not seen his son in over a freaking year! That is his only child and his heart will stop for his son. She has a personal vendetta against me and the father because we both do right by him. I love his son as if I birthed him myself. I have never experienced any type of love than the love I have for his son. I was against parenting until I met his son when he was 1 years old, and now he has been snatched away from the both of us but I'm more concerned about my fiance. He isn't on the birth certificate and we have been trying to get her served for almost going on a year but because she and her husband live on a navy base, no one can just go on to the base without permission through the navy housing. By the way, we live in Georgia and Georgia is a pretty strict state when it comes to awarding the father full custody which he wasn't going for at first but now that the mother has made everything difficult for him to see or communicate with his son, she leave's him with no other choice. The son and the father has an inseparable bond and the mother hate's that. Why is it that women get jealous of son and father relationships? If anyone else is going through any of this please respond and let me know what you guys did or if you kinda get where I'm coming from. No negativity please but I'm not afraid of the truth. Ignorance will be ignored! Thanks! :)


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 06/23/2014




Its going to be tough getting anything changed now, because 7 years is the statue of limitations on paternity in the US (unless they've changed it in the last 5 years). If paternity was not established prior to 7 years, then he'll have a huge fight.

He needs to retain an attorney, and take her to court.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms