my girlfriend had a daughter and her ex took her daughter to a differe

Roger - posted on 03/23/2016 ( 4 moms have responded )




I'm posting this for my girlfriend. .she had her daughter took from her by her ex boyfriend and he took her to a different state. ..she has full custody of her daughter in the state that we live in ...I'm trying to find out how I can help my girlfriend get her daughter want to talk to my girlfriend about this but it's to painful for her to talk any help that I can find for her to get her daughter back is much needed...Thank you all and have a good day..


Michelle - posted on 03/24/2016




She needs to get a lawyer. Does she have court orders stating she has full custody?
If so then she needs to contact the police and file a kidnapping charge.
If not then she needs to get a lawyer and go to court and fight for her children. Without court orders the Father has just as much right to have the children as she does.
In regards to what you can do, nothing. It has to come from her.


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 03/24/2016




”she has full custody of her daughter in the state that we live in” ~~Unless she has an actual court order determining custody, visitation, and support, she does not have full custody. Birthing a child does not automatically give the mother full custody. Does she HAVE court orders? If not, she needs to get an attorney, and be prepared to go to court.

Sarah - posted on 03/24/2016




What does this mean: "she has full custody of her daughter in the state that we live in"
Custody is custody and if she has a document that states she has sole physical custody of the child, then the child has been kidnapped. If the child was taken over state lines the FBI will have to get involved. When did this happen? If someone ran off with my kid, even their father, I'd be all over it. Not hiding from it because it is too painful. If she does not take action she may never see her child again.
Now, if she does not really have custody and just had a loose agreement with dad, that she'd have the kids and he'd visit; then he can parent them where and how he chooses until a judge says otherwise.

Raye - posted on 03/24/2016




I agree with Michelle on everything except for what you can do. You can talk to your girlfriend, or just be there to listen and a shoulder for her to cry on. Be supportive and encouraging to her. She DOES need to get a lawyer and go to court to get her daughter back. Even if she has legal custody, the police may not always help. Doesn't mean you can't try, but realistically they may not help.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms