my husband's ex takes all our $, we need help asap!

Jenelle - posted on 12/18/2015 ( 2 moms have responded )




My husband has to pay $1200 in child support and an additional $600 that she was awarded when he receives his pension. Leaving him with $95/month to live off of! We are going to loose our house, and collection agencies are now after us. What can I do, as his current spouse, to help him fight that this is wrong? And did I mention he is a vet of 26 yrs in the Army. Now he just got another job to help support us, and his ex is taking 1/2 of his new jobs wages. Oh....and she claims she can't work due to fibromyalgia and other problems and she just got married to a joke of a man who makes roughly $30/hr. Help me please!!


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 12/18/2015




If your husband feels that his CS obligation is unfair or needs amending, he needs to talk to his attorney and go back to court. Most you can do is be a support for your husband. You have no legal say here

Dove - posted on 12/18/2015




Sounds like he needs to get a lawyer and take it back to court. Child support is generally based on income and I don't know a court system that would only leave a guy $95/month to live on. If that has happened... something is wrong... either w/ their calculations or maybe he owes a lot of back support... or something.


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms