My husband wants another but im confused...Help Please!

Brandi - posted on 07/28/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I have 2 daughter who are 4 and 2 1/2 and my c-section for my 3rd is 7 weeks away. My doctor surprised me by saying I dont have to get fixed after this baby (3 c-sections) She suggested implanon and then having another in 5 years. My husband still wants to try for a boy and doesnt want me to get fixed. But 3 children is enough for me and I also dont want to have one so spaced from the others and be so much older (I would be 30 at that point) He seems upset that I want to go through with the surgery. How could I go about explaining this to him without upseting him more? Or should I not have the procedure done and just wait to see if I change my mind? Im so confused and have little time to decide.


Cherish - posted on 07/28/2012




It is ultimately your decision.If you think you might change your mind,then maybe you should wait to get "fixed".You could get the implant and wait to see how life goes.If you are worried about your age(you said you will be 30,but women have children into their 40's),and 30 is not really "old",and if you are worried about them (the new baby and the 4th baby)being 5 years apart,5 years is not a huge gap,and you could try sooner if you felt the need to do so.
But if his reason is solely to try for a boy,there is no guarantee that the 4th will be a boy.I would be worried that he would not end up with the boy he was hoping for,and then what?
Would he consider foster/adopt?That way you can pick the sex,and the age of the child(and you would be helping a child that needs a home)
He could also volunteer for big brothers.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms