my son father wants to claim my son on his taxes

Elizabeth - posted on 01/27/2016 ( 2 moms have responded )




Okay my son father wants to claim my son on his taxes but has not been in his life or came around much maybe a hand ful of times since he has been born now he will be four in April he been in and out of jail most of my son's life and the only time he wants to call or wants anything to do with him is around this time of the year is when it comes to money and I filed for child support but they couldn't even come up with on how much he would give me every month giving the fact he quite his job the day of the court hearing and never showed up for it and then they rescheduled it and he still never showed up and they didn't do anything about it not it's on hold until further notice because he went back to jail he flat out told me he would rather stay in jail then pay child support but now he wants to come around and claim him what should I do and what happens if he dose it and I have primary custody of him by the judge because I already know even if he signs a paper stating he will give me the money he won't because he never dose he has on giving me 50 dollars in the three and a half years of my son's life so if anyone can help me out with this that would be great


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 01/27/2016




This is not a question for the internet. You need an attorney and a court order for this.

Angela - posted on 01/27/2016




Unless he was responsible for the financial support of the child for at least 6 months of the child's life last year, then he cannot legally claim the child on his taxes. To do so is a lie and he will be prosecuted if he is caught. Do your taxes as you normally would. If the biological father claims him as well, the IRS will question both of you but you have proof the child resided with you and was cared for by you and he doesn't.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms