My son's father is on the birth certificate, but my son has my last name. (if that Matters) Does my son have to go stay over night with him? His father recently went to jail and is now on probation for having mary jane and pills on him. It that probability to let him see Kaed with supervision because i dont trust him?


View replies by

Tara - posted on 09/30/2012




It all depends on your custody arrangement with your son's father. If your custody arrangement includes overnights, then you need to go to the court with your concern and ask for a visitation modification. In some states you can stop visitation until the court hears your case when the child's safety is the concern, I would check either with your lawyer or the clerks office on your states guidelines for this because you could be held in contempt of court for violating the court agreement. If you do not have a custody arrangement then you may do what you feel is best for your child and his father will have to take you to court if he wants to fight you on it.

[deleted account]

well if it were to go to court and it is brought up about your sons father having those problems of jailtime and so on, they are not going to allow him to keep your son overnight, maybe only allow him to see him with visitation rights with someone being there. he is too much of a risk and not a good influence on your son.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms